SSI SCHAEFER Very Narrow Aisle Pallet Racking
- Good stock rotation
- Good order picking: 100% selectivity
- Fast picking rate, good product protection
- 50% net pallet area usage of overall warehouse area
- Limited pallet redundancy as system can run at 95%+ capacity
- Uses guide rails or wire guidance for fast movement in aisle
Interlock pallet racking systems are designed to meet the new generation of warehouses up to 17m high, designed around the operating tolerances of Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) equipment with aisles marginally wider than the load. Such structures must have a high level of rigidity and accurate manufacturing tolerance.
Warehouse capacity can be increased by an additional 40% over Selective Pallet racking by increasing operational height and the reduction of operation aisle.